Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Last Child in the Woods

Just finished reading the book: Last Child in the Woods, by Richard Louv. A great book that was recommended to me by my kids Primary leader at church. Let's just say, I am grateful for all the time Scott and I spend outside with our boys, and that we make an effort to go places, explore and try new things with them. Something from the inside cover...."I like to play indoors better cause that's where all the electrical outlets are". This was quoted from a grade 4 student.
Our kids are always plugged in, and this book discusses saving our kids from what he calls Nature Deficit Disorder, or lack of being in nature. I love how he points out all the positive effects from spending time outside. Nature can heal our children and is a great therapy for depression, obesity and ADD.
Be enthusiastic, get outside, go hiking, explore this amazing world that God created for us, and improve yourself physically, emotionally and spiritually.
He has a blog as well: http://richardlouv.com/blog/
Last Child in the Woods, by Richard Louv - book cover

No comments:

Post a Comment