Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Service and Acts of Love

So, I was going to report all the service we have been doing this week, and then it hit me that all our service will be for naught if I tell everyone. I mean, isin't the point to serve and have no one know your good deeds? Hmmm. We have been doing such lovely things together as a family, baking, leaving gifts, making new friends, that I get excited and want to share our good feelings with others. I want others to feel the same joy we have with serving others. There are so many examples in the scriptures, that we need to love and serve one another, and in so doing will be blessed. I have seen the blessings that come from doing good to others, and we look forward to many more days of doing service with a smile.
I must say one thing, the highlight of the week was going to the Fire Department to drop off goodies. It happened to be the first day of snow, and there were alot of calls for the firetruck that day. We came just as a group was finishing a long shift, and they were more than happy to show the boys the truck, and the equipment. It was a lovely experience, and we hope that we have the same feelings of joy and love when we sing at the hospital at the end of this week.
May you all find some small way to serve someone else, and seek the blessings of doing good to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment