Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Is your shopping under control?

Around this time of the year, we all hit the stores and shop like crazy trying to get everyone the perfect gift. They we buy, and buy and buy some more. If you are like me, I  forget what I already have, and see a terrific item on sale, and think "That would be perfect", and I buy it. My kids do not need much, and we try hard not to spoil them (this is part of them growing up not expecting so much too!)
My sister gave me a great idea last year to keep shopping under control.
Each kid gets something they want, something they need, something to wear and something to read. 
That is it. We buy 4 gifts for each child. I am finding it difficult as their toy want list keeps growing, but I am going to stick with the plan. Santa brings them their favorite thing, and other family members get them things too, so why do we feel as parents that we have to get every item on the list to make them happy. Does that really make them happy?

No comments:

Post a Comment