Sunday, September 15, 2013

Week 2

Overall the experiment is going well. Week 2 complete, and the boys are thinking about how they will spend their money at the end of the month. I find that Luke is still too young to grasp the concept of making a bed, and still needs some encouragement. Mom did well at not reminding them, but I still feel the urge to talk to them the night before. I have been doing that for so many years, it is hard to break the habit. I just have to remember the wonderful surprise it is to see them do it themselves, and to know I trust them and have faith that they can do it on their own. I also like the feeling that no matter if they make their bed or not, I love them, and I do not have to nag them...if they want the coins, they make the bed...simple as that. If they don't, I don't give them a hard time, I don't put them down, and I don't yell. They have more control, and I am beginning to have more peace.
More good news: Mom has not missed a workout, and so I still have my 30 coins. Yippee!

No comments:

Post a Comment